It cannot be overstated how critical it is for a manager to understand how to delegate. You can focus less on executing duties and more on managing and leading, when you delegate appropriately.
There are many benefits to delegating:
- First of all, it frees you up to manage and lead others, as well as take on extra projects.
- Secondly, you let the most involved and motivated employees show themselves, take additional responsibility and gain new skills.
TIP FOR FIRST TIME MANAGERS: Find more about best tools & practices for super effective management - get demo call with Vectorly.
To make it a win-win situation, use these four steps of effective delegation for a manager:
- Analyze your current tasks. Find ones that you can delegate.
- Decide whom you could delegate it to. Select an employee with a sufficient level of competence.
- Discuss details with the employee. Explain what result you expect.
- Monitor progress.
During 1-on-1 meetings with Vectorly, you can discuss the tasks with a ready-made agenda and make a to-do list with tasks for an employee just as you discuss them. So you don't forget anything and don't have to remember what you agreed on during the meeting.
Get FREE 1-on-1 MEETING TEMPLATES from Vectorly.